Appointment Form Checklist
Appointment Form (Hire with a Search) Checklist
How to Use this Checklist: The HR Partner/HR Coordinator should use this checklist as a guide to compile all required documents and complete the OAE Search and Screening Formbuilder and approval. This form is for hiring department use only and should not be uploaded to Formbuilder. Hiring departments may contact the Office for Access and Equity at email@example.com for additional support.
Recruitment Plan Summary: Proactive recruitment has relevance for both diversity and organizational mission.
The following is a list of active recruitment strategies. Please identify the strategies taken, if any. Please highlight all that apply.
- Established a working relationship with similar colleges/departments at institutions with substantial numbers of women and historically underrepresented minorities.
- Promoted job opportunity to candidates at professional meetings and societies.
- Search committee members solicited contact information for women and underrepresented minorities from colleagues and invited them to apply.
- Women and historically underrepresented minority groups within relevant professional and academic associations were asked for the names of potential candidates.
- Graduate departments at leading research universities were asked to recommend prospective applicants.
- A specific/intentional communication was initiated to potential faculty already in the department or college (i.e., visiting professors, adjunct or part-time professors, and graduate students).
- Mass mailings to professional associations and community-based organizations were used to source candidates in general.
- Mass mailings to professional associations and community-based organizations were used to source women and candidates from historically underrepresented minority groups.
- A personal approach was used in recruiting candidates. For example, a letter, email, or telephone call was used to inform potential candidates about the position
Submit a list of the journals, publications, discipline-based networks, job boards, and other media outlets where the committee's ad was placed. Please attach copies of the ads with the screening form submission.
If the committee did not advertise in media outlets targeting women and other underrepresented groups, submit a written explanation of why these outlets weren't utilized.
Candidate Evaluation Plan Summary: Search documentation must provide evidence that each candidate was evaluated against the same set of objective criteria. The committee should use the position description/job posting to develop minimum and preferred criteria and create a standard set of interview questions.
Submit a Candidate Evaluation Plan Summary that includes responses to the following questions:
- Description of how the committee used the position description/job posting to develop applicant screening criteria for each screening round (round one for minimum requirements and subsequent round(s) for preferred requirements).
- Description of the screening criteria published in the position description/job posting later used to evaluate each candidate. Please describe the criteria used for each round and be specific.
- Description of how the committee used the position description/job posting to develop interview questions.
- Description of the evidence the committee obtained that led members to believe that the selected candidate would make a positive contribution to UIC’s mission and strategic objectives.