Title IX Regulations Task Force
On May 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education issued new regulations regarding the handling of sexual misconduct allegations under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. In response, UIC’s Office for Access and Equity (OAE) formed a task force to address compliance issues ahead of the August 14, 2020 effective date. The task force was comprised of students, advocates, faculty, and staff from across campus.
The mission of the task force was to review the final Title IX regulations and make recommendations as to how UIC’s policy and procedures would be updated to comply with the regulations. The task force is dedicated to the promotion of the rights of students, staff, and faculty to live, work, and study in a safe and healthy environment, free from sexual misconduct in all its forms, including sexual and gender-based assault and harassment.
At weekly meetings from June 2020 to August 2020, the task force developed a strategic action plan to address the regulatory requirements and participated in the implementation of the changes to UIC’s sexual misconduct policy and procedures.
UIC’s revised Comprehensive Policy and Procedures for the Sexual Misconduct Grievance Process are available on UIC's Sexual Misconduct website at https://sexualmisconduct.uic.edu/policy/.
Task Force Members Heading link
The Office for Access and Equity thanks the members of the Title IX Regulations Task Force for their service, and will continue to collaborate with our campus community to work toward our goal of fostering a culture of respect that does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or sexual violence in any form.
names and title
- Caryn Bills, Associate Chancellor, Office for Access and Equity
- Natalie Bennett, Director, Women’s Leadership and Resource Center
- Keith Ellis, Interim Director, Campus Housing
- Celeste Januszewski, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy
- Matthew Almendreas, Undergraduate Student, Undergraduate Student Government
- Kelly Maginot, Assistant Director, Women’s Leadership and Resource Center
- Farrah Manthei, Deputy Athletic Director, Athletics Department
- Michael Melendez, Assistant Campus Counsel, University Counsel
- Jacob Mueller, Director of Finance and Administration, Office of Diversity
- Mary Ann Vega, Ph.D. Student, Department of Sociology
- Marge Woulfe, Senior Associate University Counsel, University Counsel